- 4 c tightly packed, coarsely shredded Bibb Lettuce (or Chinese Cabbage)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 c very ripe Tomato, peeled, chopped or 1 Can diced tomatoes
- 4 c Hot chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Chervil or basil (fresh)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. Edible Green® green tea powder
- Small bunch of Cilantro or Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Olive or Grapeseed Oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 – 6 Crimini or Shitake mushrooms
- Sea salt & Ground pepper
- In large kettle over medium heat, sauté the lettuce in the butter until wilted, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and basil and cook, stirring 3 minutes more.
- Pour in broth, bring to low boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer 10 minutes.
- Add sea salt & ground pepper to taste.
- Sauté mushrooms in Grapeseed or Olive oil with 1 clove chopped garlic
- Top with sautéed mushrooms and garnish with chopped Cilantro/ Italian Parsley.
- Optional: add grilled or steamed chicken or fish and sliced roma or cherry tomatoes.
Yield: 4-6 servings