Green Tea Recipes: Gluten Free Green Tea Cookies
1 cup brown rice flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
¼ cup (or 70g) organic cane sugar
4 tablespoons safflower oil
1 egg, large
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsps Edible Green® (decaf or regular)
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together brown rice flour and salt,
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together safflower oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix until well combined.
4. Shape dough into a 10” long log with 2” diameter and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Chill shaped dough in freezer for at least 3 hours. (Could be prepared the day before as well. You could keep the dough in freezer for a week or so in a Ziploc bag along with the plastic wrap.)
5. When dough is ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
7. Cut cookie dough into ½” thick slices. Place 1” apart on prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are light brown underneath but tops are not brown.
9. Transfer baked cookies to wire racks to cool before serving.
Shape "gluten free green tea cookies" like "shamlock" for St. Patrick's Day!
© 2012 Sei Mee Tea LLC All rights reserved.